Add an Additional 6M SHU & $750K USDC Uniswap v2 Pool Liquidity by the Shutter DAO

Proposal

Shutter DAO to add their own liquidity and lock tokens for a year

Motivation

The LBP has raised $8.31M USDC and sold 40M SHU.

Lot of investors read that 20%* of the raise would be added into liquidity, so far that hasn’t been the case, although it has an astrix, it’s still not a good look to add so little after raising $8.31M USDC

Based on the above, and overall sentiment, I propose for Shutter DAO 0x36 to prepare additional Uniswap v2 pool liquidity, so that the Uniswap v2 pool has minimum liquidity equal to or greater than 20% of the funds raised in the LBP - on each side.

If proposal #11 passes - then the Uniswap v2 pool will have what we believe will be sufficient liquidity for an LBP raising $8.31M USDC (Fractal)

• 6M SHU ($750K worth of SHU at $0.125 per token), and
  • $750K USDC

LP Tokens

If Artis must setup the pool then we recommend that Shutter DAO 0x36 holds the LP tokens in its treasury. Artis will immediately transfer the LP tokens to the treasury after setting up the Uniswap v2 SHU/USDC pool.

7 Likes

Considering the upcoming unlock schedule and referencing my previous contributions to other proposals, I am convinced that adopting this strategy aligns with the best interests of all stakeholders.

The DAO must prioritize safeguarding the future value of incentives within the Shutter ecosystem. For additional context and to underscore the importance of this matter, please refer to my earlier entry as well. ( Mainly my concerns are being validated by current price action but we can stop this )

In support of @Shaggy’s proposal, I strongly advocate for the DAO to take decisive action. This approach not only ensures the stability and growth of the Shutter ecosystem but also reinforces our commitment to fostering a robust and resilient community.

Reasoning

4 Likes

I agree with Shaggy and I support this proposal.

1 Like

I think that this is a great initiative. Enhanced liquidity, relative to the total funds raised from the LBP, is critical for SHU going forward. When looking at previous LBPs, one of the biggest factors in their success post-LBP was onchain liquidity. A good example of this can be seen in OLAS’ liquidity.

Healthy liquidity fosters less volatility while enhancing distribution mechanics, which is essential for the DAO to grow.

3 Likes

I would also add that the SHU pair saw 7m volume the past 24 hours. The DAO can earn substantial trading fees on the deployed liquidity.

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal. As your proposal would require on-chain actions and a Fractal vote, please try to structure and format the proposal with all the required information following this template: [Required - On-chain] A Shutter DAO Proposal Structure Template

This helps the community more easily follow the proposals that are submitted as well as review them before voting.

1 Like

yeah agree with this proposal

protocol owned liqudity makes sense and is long term aligned

1 Like

Thank you for this proposal. At Kleros Labs, we will support it. We think it is important that ShutterDAO has good liquidity on-chain and the ability to hold its own LP tokens, especially for a Uniswap V2 pool, which should be quite straightforward to manage.

2 Likes

How should we continue with this proposal? I see a lot of positive signalling here.

1 Like

As I do not see that the author is really engaging with the discussion around their proposal, I would see two possible options: Either someone from the community turns this into a proper proposal and vote, or this is should be considered abandoned.

1 Like